WHEN THIS POLICY APPLIES?
We have made this policy as short and easy to understand as possible, so please take your time to read it so you can have all the information to decide whether you want to sign up and share your data with install.download.
The personal data to which we have access is the data that you will voluntarily provide upon sign up as required for the use of certain services.
You can easily sign up via the available social media sign up options or by filling out the necessary online forms where this option is available. Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory. Lack to provide the mandatory data will preclude you from signing up.
Please refer to our Cookies Policy to know how we and third parties process data obtained by means of cookies and similar technologies.
WHAT ARE THE PURPOSES OF DATA PROCESSING?
- If you subscribe, you will create a community of users interested in the software so that you can share your opinions and preferred programs and solutions with other users. Please note that third-party privacy policies may apply to show you other users' opinions about programs or solutions.
- If you subscribed to our newsletter, to inform you about reviews, news, tutorials, opinions, all related to the world of software.
- If you subscribed to our newsletter, to recommend you software, based on your interests, download history and navigation habits on the website.
- To study and analyze the information provided, as well as based on information obtained in an aggregate format for statistical and analytics purposes via cookies (see our Cookies Policy for more info), in order to evaluate new trends, develop new services or check the result of an ad campaign.
- If you subscribed to our newsletter, to send you emails about updates, service announcements or as required to provide you with the subscribed service. This kind of communications do not have a commercial nature and we will inform you of how to unsubscribe on each communication.
- Provided your previous consent, to send you emails regarding the software sector.
- To create a user profile. We will not use your profile for automatic individual decision-making.
- To show you relevant ads on the website, newsletters and web notifications.
- To show you relevant ads in other websites and social networks that may be of your interest (see our Cookies Policy at this regards).
- To check you are above 14 years old, so you can give us a valid consent to provide your data.
- To answer your questions, complaints and provide general support, if you contact us via our support portal, other online forms or directly via email.
- Provided you have voluntarily opted-in to receive our newsletter, you will receive customized ads on our newsletters.
WHAT’S THE LEGAL BASIS OF THE PROCESSING?
The legal basis for the processing of your data is your consent.
For children below 14 years old, we require the authorization of parents or guardians for signing up. Please contact us via email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you want your children to subscribe and we’ll provide you further instructions to do so.
WHAT RIGHTS DO I HAVE?
You can have control over the data provided, including the ability to request your rights to access, rectify and delete, restrict the processing and to object certain processing (i.e unsubscribe from our newsletter). you may send us an email to email@example.com to request your rights.
You can as well unsubscribe from receiving our newsletter at any time by clicking the relevant button at the bottom of any email we send you.
Please note that the exercise of your right to erase or to object to certain data processing will not affect the lawfulness of processing based on your consent before withdrawal.
We will process your data to create a profile that will include the data you provide, along with data related to your behavior in the web site, how you react to our email campaigns but will not be used for automatic individual decision-making purposes. This profile will be used to show you customized content and ads that will be more relevant to you. You can also opt-out from this type of processing at any time via your user area.
IS MY DATA SECURED?We have adopted adequate technical and organizational measures to avoid alteration, loss or unauthorized access to your data: We select only trusted and certified providers that process your data and we take care that they have taken strict measures too. We and our providers also use encryption protocols to access or transfer your data and techniques to anonymize data to mitigate the risks in case of a data leak.
HOW CAN I KNOW IF YOU CHANGE THIS POLICY?
We will inform you sufficiently in advance if there are important changes and require your consent if any of those changes impact your privacy rights.